Do you enjoy a varied role that encompasses Accounting and Administration as well as creating and implementing processes and procedures? We have the role that will fill these requirements. We are a supportive team who work hard, and we enjoy what we do. This position allows you to set the pace of your skills and knowledge journey. Currently this is a fixed term position however the it has the potential to turn into a permanent role with the right candidate.
We’re also in the process of implementing a new operations and accounting system.
But wait there is more, besides all the growth there are rewards and benefits along the way. We offer secure off-street parking, internal and external training, birthday and end of year gifts, annual health checks, assistance with eye and dental care, flu vaccinations, annual values awards, flexible start times and much more.
We are seeking an Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper to join our small team based in Otahuhu, Auckland.
Reporting to the Finance Manager and working alongside a variety of people, you will need to have an easy going yet very organised nature.
- Customer Billing
- Supplier processing and payment
- Weekly payroll
- Daily cash receipting
- Maintaining debtors and debt collection
- End of month reconciliations
- Systems support (develop grow into the role over time)
- Assisting with general office administration and filing
- Preparation and/or review of statutory requirements, such as PAYE, GST returns
- Liaise with various Business Unit Manager / Project Managers, juggling priorities to keep everyone happy while still adhering to strict timeframes
- Support and being a back-up to other member of the accounting function
We are a busy team looking for an enthusiastic individual with a great can do attitude, solid administration, financial and payroll experience to join us and help us continue to succeed.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to show evidence of your experience in the following:
- Strong organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Keen to learn and develop skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Independent problem solving
- Experienced in practical bookkeeping skills
- Experience with debt collection, payroll processing, general accounting administration
- Proficiency with Excel spreadsheets and reporting
- Must have good English communication skills
- Must be good at managing your time, be well organised
- Experience with IMS payroll and MYOB will be advantageous but not essential
How to Apply
If you love working outdoors, email your CV and cover letter for Attention Jennifer clearly marking the position/s you are applying for. Email Jennifer@theplantpeople.co.nz or use the form below.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa