Community & Environment
Supporting our communities
The Plant People are committed to supporting our communities. This benefits the economic and social vitality of our communities making them more attractive to our families, our business and our neighbours.
Regular donations to our schools, local charities and other organisations with cash, product and labour helps us to achieve this.
Recent Sponsorship Initiatives
The Plant People are committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
Sustainability – Environmental Policy
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company
- Use an accredited programme to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities
The Plant People is also improving our Biosecurity practices to reduce the spread of invasive species within our sites. We are also actively working to reduce the spread of Kauri Dieback Disease as we view this as a major threat to our Kauri Forests.