The Plant People is a leader in the landscape sector in New Zealand. We deliver comprehensive landscaping programs and solutions to local Government, land developers, retail and commercial construction facilities and private customers.
We are committed to assisting our customers with their unique needs by providing them with comprehensive value-added solutions and professional service. With more than 90 full-time staff, we employs our industry’s most diverse and well-trained service force, which assists our customers in meeting their requirements.
We are now looking for a Landscape Gardener to join our Christchurch team. The gardening job involves independent works on a variety of sites from high-end residential homes to commercial properties.
Essential Job Requirements
- Must be physically fit and hardworking
- A positive can-do attitude and good work ethic
- Experience within Horticulture would be advantageous
- A full class 1 drivers’ License (Class 2 and WTR would be a bonus)
- Exceptional communication skill
- The ability to work within a team
- Mowing & edge control
- General garden maintenance, weeding chemical and manual, pruning, hedge trimming
- Garden enhancement, ground preparation, laying out, planting, mulching and staking.
- All other works in relation to grounds maintenance
- At times you may be expected to join other teams within the company and assist on landscaping jobs.
What’s in it for you?
The Plant People offer a competitive package with flexible hours up to 55hrs/ week within a fun team environment where we value our staff by providing full uniforms, breakfast, full training and advancement within the organization.
How to Apply
If you love working outdoors, email your CV and cover letter for Attention Jennifer clearly marking the position/s you are applying for. Email Jennifer@theplantpeople.co.nz or use the form below.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa