The Plant People is a well-established landscape company with bases in Auckland and Christchurch. We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented machinery operator to fill a challenging role with our Canterbury team.
The role is multi-faceted involving being the leader of our Mowing Operation for the majority of the year, reverting to machinery operation and landscaping roles within other parts of our operation during winter months.
This position requires the following skills & experience:
- Team management skills with the ability to plan, organise and motivate a team to deliver high quality works in an efficient manner
- Passion for turf management and landscaping with a focus on quality and customer service
- Planning mow rotations on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Communication with Clients
- Able to understand and read plans
- Experience across a range of machinery and ability to operate to a high standard
- Ability to train and mentor other staff across a range of mowing machinery
- Aptitude with respect to machinery maintenance and ability to carry out daily maintenance and servicing tasks and co-ordinate and manage the external repairs and maintenance of equipment via external suppliers
- Current Site Safe, Growsafe, Trade certificate in Horticulture/Turf Culture or similar would be advantageous
- A clean full NZ drivers’ licence (a class 2 HT would be advantageous)
- Experience with the operation of common landscape machinery including excavators, loaders, compactors and rollers
- Aptitude and experience with respect to hard and soft landscaping works
Applicants must have a good command of the English language in order to liaise with customers, team members and subcontractors. Applicants must also be fit and active, be currently in New Zealand and be permitted to work in this country.
The Plant People offer a competitive package within a fun team environment where we value our staff by providing full uniform, good equipment and the opportunity for advancement within the organisation.
If you think you are able to add value through initiative and creativity to our Customers, please email your CV and cover letter for Attention of Jason Higgott: firstname.lastname@example.org